Wednesday, March 21, 2007


The Great Cosmic Baseball Bat
(and a bit of an update)

I may have mentioned my friend Jose and his Cosmic Baseball Bat theory.
One late night, talking over Skype with me in Rutland and Joe in Cape Town, Joe laid out the theory. It went something like this: the universe will tap you on the shoulder once, twice, maybe three times. If you don't listen or get the lesson, it will come after you with a baseball bat.
Wise words, indeed. Because I didn't get the coffeeshop job at Barnsdale Gardens. And the other jobs I applied for didn't come back to me at all. All this has led me to conclude (once again) that the Universe is instructing me to use my talents to generate extra income.
The Great Cosmic Baseball Bat has been rather busy in my life recently. Nothing like having Karma bash you over the head to make you take notice of your life.
I dig Gandhi. Very wise man. He said once, to paraphrase, that people become the people they expect themselves to be. Imagine the potential we all have to change our lives.
And change is exactly what I feel is happening to me. Not on a superficial level, but deep down, right in the mechanics of my life - the cogs and wheels. I feel that the fundamental essence of my life has begun to evolve and move. It feels a bit like an old machine that has been lying unused in the corner of a dark room and someone has come along and cranked the handle. Very slowly, the machinery has just begun to grind into life.
This began about three weeks ago at the start of a yoga class. We chanted OM and I felt like I wasn't my body. I wasn't my personality either. I was just part of this vast and deep ocean. I was the ocean. I connected with something that wasn't just Tanya O. I believe I connected with the Buddha Nature and what we call the Ninth or Amala Consciousness. Perhaps what Eckhart Tolle talks about too.
This shift, I feel, is both deep and profound. I have no idea what it means or where it will take me, but I am prepared to fully experience this journey.
Books
As you can see by the book list on the right hand side, I am already half way through my goal of reading 10 books this year. Fantastico! I'll be doing a mid-goal review of these books at some point. Thanks for the suggestions some of you made.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the books! That's fantastic! WHen I set myself a goal of 12 books in 12 months last may, I figured there was NO way it was going to happen. I'm up to 20-something and still a month and a bit to go.

    I wouldn't worry about the coffee shop job. Sure, the money would have helped out a great deal but like you said "the Universe is instructing me to use my talents to generate extra income". You mentioned before that the prospect of doing more workshops, especially an advanced one, was a bit daunting. Isn't that what makes life interesting though? Facing our fears and pushing ourselves to test the limits of what we THINK we can do and compare that to what we can actually accomplish? Hang in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tarot card! ;)

    ReplyDelete