Tuesday, March 20, 2007

One Week Challenges...

It's time to challenge myself again. My one week (sort of) without TV was very good for me and I have begun to wonder what else would be good for me if I only just gave it a try for a week. So, I have decided to do regular one week challenges.

I have already spent a week wearing a sodalite crystal to see if it would enhance my creativity (but that was more of an experiment than a challenge and will be blogged separately).

I've come up with a list of challenges. If you think you would like to make a suggestion, please feel free to add it in the comments section. No matter how bizarre, it will be considered, although I most likely will not be able to follow through with all of them. One thing I won't do is take on a challenge that is negative or that would risk my health.

Here's the list (so far):

* Do yoga every morning for a week
* Go vegan for a week
* Go for a 20 minute walk every day for a week
* Write every day for half an hour for a week

7 comments:

  1. Dance for 30 minutes each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop smoking for a week (if you haven't already - can't remember what the status on that was?) - if you can do that you can probably stop for good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red: Nice tip! Thanks!

    Dori: Too late for that one. It's done. And for way more than a week now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the not smoking.

    How about no sex for a week ;)

    I suggest vegetarian for a week. I wouldn't go vegan right away, try just veggie to start and then vegan. Although Red's idea of dancing every day sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen: Already vegetarian for the most part. Went to SA and ate meat again and have been eating meat since I got back. But I think you have a point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can do the vegan/veggie, the walking or yoga, AND the writing all in one week. None should infringe on the other, and it could even spark a new way of life and/or discipline, if you need it. Great news on the ciggies, by the way. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *: Now THERE is a challenge I could sink my teeth into.

    ReplyDelete