Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Death makes angels of us all
And gives us wings where we had shoulders
Smooth as ravens' claws" - Jim Morrison

I've noticed that a lot of people have been dying.

Not a profound or astute statement, really, but I was chatting to my friend, Annelize, who has told me that we're barely 2 months into 2007 and she's been to 5 funerals already - starting with my dad's. My boss has had to put the pet rabbit to sleep and his daughter's friend's dad died yesterday. And of course all those deaths in Celebrityville.

Maybe it's just me because I am still a bit raw after my dad's death. In any case, I am finding it a little freaky.
Death, in Tarot, signifies the end of one thing and the beginning of another.

5 comments:

  1. Odd, that, isn't it? The year my Dad died, two other friends/neighbours lost a parent too... within the space of a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red: It is most weird. And another girl I know lost her mother two days before I lost my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inclined to think that we are maybe simply more AWARE of it when it has just happened to us... I know after what happened to our family in 2002 it seemed EVERYONE was dying all of a sudden.

    That being said, this year does seem to have been more 'death-filled' than usual - just found out that a 26 year old girl who used to work here killed herself - very sad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death symbolizes the end of doing stuff and the start of not doing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was one year where my step-father went to 14 funerals in one year.

    It happens that way sometimes. It can be tough to deal with.

    ReplyDelete