Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gotta Dance!

I feel like someone in one of those cheesy musicals. You know how when things go really well, and the orchestra strikes up with a jaunty and rousing melody, and the main characters suddenly burst into song? They dance in the rain or on tables or in the streets and it's just the most boundless expression of joy. That's what I feel like doing. Only thing is I have no orchestra stashed away in my pocket and while I can sing, I can't really dance.
BUT! I have excellent news! I have been given the go ahead to run a six week advanced creative writing course starting after Easter. MAGIC! I am so happy I feel like a character in a musical.
As I left the class last night, I was struck by how challenging myself and taking one big risk has not only transformed my life, but those of the students who attend my class. If I hadn't bravely approached the Focus centre in Stamford, there may not have been a creative writing course, and these students may still have struggled along with their doubts about writing.
I am no longer afraid of taking the risks I need to take in my life on the basis of this realisation. Why? Because now, two years down the line, the rewards outweigh the fear I initially felt.
Fan-fricken-tastic!
I really CAN change something in my life. I can transform my fear. I have purpose!
I have felt the wheels of change start to move within my life and now I am not one bit afraid of what may come. I am ready to jump right in there and help it all along! Who's coming along for the ride?

4 comments:

  1. Yippee!!!!
    I'm doing a jig for you here down south (in those shoes even) - I'm SO excited for you, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee Haw! The universe is on your side after all! Congratulations sweetie. You'll be fabulous. And you're right. You're not only changing your own life but that of others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!!!!!

    Well done - but I knew you could do it all along... ;)

    ReplyDelete