Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I am a Cat Mattress


The cats have found a new way to keep warm. Since they can't sit on windowsills and catch the updrafts from the radiators, they have had to get a little inventive. They have very quickly located the next best source of heat in the house: Me.

I have woken up, these past two mornings, with cats nesting somewhere on top of or around me. Yesterday morning, I woke on my back and had Lucifer AND Zak perched on my chest, with Tinkie on my feet. This morning, I woke on my side, with Noodle lying on top of me on my arm and shoulder, Zak curled up against my chest and Luce at my feet. I did close the door, but Noodle has learned how to open it. She has taught Zak this interesting little trick.

I am, indeed, Servant of Cat. My five children have definitely shown me where my rightful place in this world is. Surrounded by cats. Even my partner is a Leo.




5 comments:

  1. Just think of it this way - they may be coming to you for warmth, but they're keeping you warm in the process. Why do you think I let my daschund sleep under our duvet - it's not because he's cute or anything...
    (perhaps I should mention that he would see me in hell before he would accept sleeping anywhere else, but nevermind...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps they're planning on how to take over the world and you're the first step in their quest for total domination? I always wonder what my cats are thinking when I awake to find them staring at me so sinisterly...

    And another beautiful shot of you! Gorgeous, babe, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the Cat Lady, aren't you? :)

    Your purrbabies have so much character! They still haven't figured out how to catch a llama yet, have they?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry: I don't mind the extra warmth. It's the crushing of my chest and the inability to breathe that is some cause for concern.

    Karen: Tinkie gives me the evil eyeball in the mornings. And it freaks me out. I wonder how long they sit there watching me. I bet they all sit at the bottom of the bed and say, "Shit, she's waking up. Tinkie - it's your turn to freak her out. Yeah. Stare at her from the side table. That's so funny!"

    Crafty: No llamas caught yet, although Tinkie and Noodle are fascinated by them and watch them for hours. The first time Zak saw one he too was transfixed. Think he freaked out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sooooo sweet. My two kitties sleep around my feet usually.

    ReplyDelete