Friday, March 09, 2007

No TV Thoughts

I noticed how weird my thoughts are during my week of no (sort of) TV. I didn't really pay that much attention before, but without the noise of the telly, I found my brain waking up and sharing some of its wisdom (or not) with me. I noted some of the more bizarre stuff (which is in and of itself bizarre that I am recording bizarre thoughts):

1. Batman isn't really a superhero. Superheroes have super powers and Batman is an ordinary bloke with lots of money and a fetish for rubber.

2. This year, instead of using the pendulum to dowse where I should plant stuff, perhaps I should ask the seeds directly where they think they should go.

3. Lucifer is looking at me right now as though he were a real person

4. Then, are superheroes who use magic superheroes? Is magic a super power?

5. I am my own purpose. I am my own meaning.

6. I can't find Tinkie. I should check the washing machine and tumble dryer. What if one of them gets in there and I don't see it and switch it on? (this was a recurring thought. A lot. And I was all OCD and checking each machine 3 times)

6 comments:

  1. Cat has nothing but loathing for the washing machine, so we know when he goes AWOL that's an unlikely hidey-hole. But I still check before a wash. And double-check. That's good OCD, life-saving OCD. Nowt wrong with that.

    Did you find the Tinkster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was on the bed, which I had left unmade that morning, and she was wrapped under a curl of duvet, which is why I hadn't spotted her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should also add that the washing-machine door is always closed, so for Cat to get in there he would have to be able to teleport, like Nightcrawler, or walk thru walls and shit, like Kitty Pryde.

    And i don't think he can do either. An X-Cat he ain't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are always complaining that Tinkie smells bad, so if she ends up taking a spin in the washer, well, problem solved! After that, putting her through the dryer will be a breeze! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. *: Doesn't matter if the doors are closed or not. I still check - someone may have snuck in while I was taking stuff out. Like I said, very OCD

    Kate: You crazy girl. Hardly think you're likely to let that happen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tanya,
    I have been neglecting my blog visits lately and I see I have missed all kinds of fun over here Start Wearing Purple.
    What a great idea of a TV fast.
    I did a telephone fast for 2 days last week and it was very restful.

    ReplyDelete