Thursday, October 26, 2006

We Worry About Money Now, But It's Sex We're Going to Miss The Most...

I had meant to blog about this the other day.

Apparently, what old aged pensioners seem to regret the most is that they didn't have enough sex when they were younger.

You laugh? Ok - have a look at the article on Sky News.

I think it's amusing that 44% of the young people they interviewed for this survey regretted that they weren't famous. It's one regret I thankfully won't have! I don't want to be famous. Can you imagine how much stress that has to be? Cameras in your face all the time, the pressure to constantly look good, your entire personal life splashed across tabloid pages... I guess you can argue that hot babes, more money than you know what to do with and exotic holidays make that all worth it. Meh. I'd rather have more sex.

It also amuses me that the older generation feel they have missed out on having loads of sex. I wonder if it's because they are living in a more permissive society in which much of what young people are indulging in today was frowned upon when they were young? Or is it simply a case of the mechanics of sex failing to work as well as it used to and a wistful yearning for past lovers?

Who knows?

Regrets? I have a few. But then again...

Do I regret not having had enough sex? Not yet.

So - 70% of old folk reckon they didn't get enough action when they were younger. I wonder what we will say we regret when we are old and some sociologist decides to ask us about our regrets?

1 comment:

  1. I would love to ba famous. It's that inner snob i think.. haha.

    And the sex thing.. i don't think i will feel that way. But i am sure my husband will. Seems like a thing he would say.

    ReplyDelete