Monday, October 23, 2006

Reality and Fantasy

I won't be seeing Kate until the middle of November. She's working quite a few extra shifts at the airport. Oh... lonesome me. So, to combat the possible cabin fever and loneliness I have planned the following:

1. Erika is coming over to watch Corpse Bride on Hallowe'en

2. I'd like to go and see Little Miss Sunshine at the arts centre

3. I have decided to buy a new sketch book and go to one or two life drawing classes on a Thursday evening in Stamford

Plus, there will be several sundry Buddhist activities and Bethan has said she'd like to chant with me one evening at some point, so I should be able to stave off the claws of loneliness.

Kate's schedule is fairly regular - she comes home for four days and goes to London for four days. I think the cats have tuned into this Kate rhythm. Tinkie and Zak were sat at the window at roughly the time Kate comes home in the evening when she's completed her shift. They sat there until I went to bed and announced it was time for "sleepies". Maybe I am giving the cats more credit than they're due. Maybe they were watching the ivy outside the window swinging in the wind.

Yesterday I completed Jesus Cooks with Gordon Ramsay and uploaded it. Waiting for my creative energy to return - seems to have dipped.

Onto the fantasy. This is where I would like to be right now. In the Maldives. Nice and warm. Secluded. Gorgeous beaches. And every day a lovely lady will arrive to give me a full body massage and later one there would be yoga on the deck overlooking the ocean.

Yeah. Ok. A girl's got to have some kind of dream.

7 comments:

  1. Oh god...heaven.



    I often find myself thinking my cats are perhaps smarter than they are. They know to rub their faces against mine when I say "kisses" but then I wonder if it's just because I'm sticking my face in theirs. They wait for me to come home by the front door and seem to know exactly what time I'm supposed to arrive. Or maybe it's just because they get a slight draft from the crack under the door and try to attack other people's feet as they walk by on their way home. Likely all just a big coincedence.

    Or maybe they really are that smart and I'm the idiot...

    Sorry to hear that you won't be seeing Kate for a while. However, it sounds like you've got lots to keep your mind off of missing her (although you still will) and good friends to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid-November?!? The cats will go crazy staring out the window for that long!

    Keeping busy ought to help you not feel too lonely. And when you do (feel lonely, not keep busy), just reach out to your bloggy/IM mates, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the Maldives...what amazing sandy beaches. I had no idea they existed.
    Maybe that is Kate's plan. With all her over time she can fly you to the Maldives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat Winston IS that clever. If I'm home later than normal he sits and waits by the gate for me... Shika isn't stupid - she just doesn't care (she's a bit self-absorbed, it's the Siamese in her).

    Word veri: fusloc (he he)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen: Nice, isn't it? I think I deserve to win the lottery just once so that I could afford two weeks out there in paradise. Mmm.

    Red: Yes, mid-November. I will have to use my time wisely. Mwahahahahaha!

    The Healing Room: I WISH that was what she was planning. But, no. She's doing the extra overtime for some extra Christmas money.

    Shade of Red: Isn't it just? Seen it once already. Looking forward to another showing on Hallowe'en.

    Dori: I think the same applies to Mischa - she knows who feeds her so she waits for me, not Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Cats know. If I stay up past my usual bedtime they'll glare at me from the bed like they're saying "what are you doing up at this hour?"

    ReplyDelete