Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tonight's The Night... And Some Lessons Learned

Tonight is Lesson One in Creative Writing For All, offered by Focus Adult Education and written and presented by me. It's an 8 week course with a bit of a difference and tonight we explore inspiration and story telling.

I am feeling neutral about it after sitting on the couch last night and having a little panic. I had allowed some negativity in which took the form of "I'm not good enough to teach this," and "Who wants to learn what I have to teach anyway?" So I pulled out my tutor assessment form from last year, which said I was an outstanding and knowledgable tutor. Aah. That's better. Still nervous, though. Who wants to learn what I have to teach anyway?

Lessons Learned

In no particular order:

1. New blogger doesn't allow me to post YouTube videos, but I was able to stick it up on Livejournal.

2. You don't necessarily stand to inherit anything after someone dies. Your family may, in fact, have to face the possibility of being made homeless.

3. The worse you feel, the more bullshit you see around you.

4. My karma has an "everything-happens-at-once" clause built into it.

5. Vodka, though it gives me a migraine, has begun to look appealing once more

6. Everything is temporary

4 comments:

  1. Vodka helps me deal with the bullshit of life. Luckily it doesn't give me a migrane. ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, is it not good news for your sister, then? I am sorry to hear it.

    And it's true that the worse you feel, the more sensitive your bullshit detector gets. And the more you find yourself unable to tolerate fools and stupidity. And the more you manage to prioritize what's important. Wouldn't it be great to bear all that in mind even when you feel good about stuff?

    You are outstanding. Go kick some ass now, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck tonight - You WILL be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck tonight, although I'm sure you're not going to need it. You'll wow them!

    Your family might be homeless now after your father passed away? What the hell? Now that really is bullshit!

    But you are right...everything is temporary. Unfortunately even the effects of the vodka.

    ReplyDelete