Thursday, January 04, 2007

We Interrupt Today's Scheduled Events for a Venting of Steam Instead

I was meant to write This is what happened after I got to London.... Didn't feel like it because I just need to vent a little steam today instead.

You ever have one of those days when you know that it's going to be a little tougher than usual the moment you wake up? I am having one of those today. I dragged myself up after a night of interrupted sleep and pockets of insomnia, and had coffee with my darling Kate before getting ready for work. I discovered, when I got downstairs, that one of the cats had peed on my handbag. Nice. They have beautifully clean litter trays, yet one of the little buggers decided it would be so much nicer to wee on Mommy's bag. It's never a good day when you grab your handbag and find cat pee.

Swamped at work. Things coming from left, right and centre. My brain is fogged up from lack of sleep and I feel like I am a Zombie in my own horror movie. I can't get things to work, I can't get things right and it just keeps on coming. I make myself look like an idiot all day and feel a little like a failure. A failure with a cat-pee handbag. (Which I did actually leave at home and just grabbed the essentials instead)

I quit drinking caffeine 3 weeks ago and I plunged into a 2 week long headache (no joke - it really did last 14 days. I counted.) Strangely, I slept like a baby during those two weeks. Eureka! I am cured of insomnia! Alas. The headache wore off and with it returned the insomnia. The hour or two I just lie in bed followed by the fitful sleep that I wake up from every few hours from about 4am onwards. Or, my personal favourite, I wake at 4 or 5am and I can't get back to sleep. So. Maybe quitting caffeine wasn't the cure. Maybe it's something else?

Then I realised something. If I allow just one little tiny negative thought access into my brain, it creates a hole that gets bigger and bigger and allows all kinds of negative thoughts from the teeny trivial bullshit to the great big whopping motherfucker of bullshit. All day long. A constant whine of crap.

I shifted my state. I positioned myself in the NOW. Hopefully this will act as an anti-negative-though forcefield.

Tanya Reads The News

Share your thoughts on what is In the News Today:

1. Dangerous Dogs. Pitbulls trained for fighting are seized by the police. This after a young girl was mauled by another pitbull-type dog. Are these dogs all going to be put down? Who do you think is responsible: owners of the dogs or the dogs? Are these dogs quite friendly if reared that way or are they all evil little fuckers waiting to turn on their masters?

2. Treatment Keeps Girl Child-Sized. The parents of a disabled child have decided to use hormone treatment to keep her small rather than allowing her to develop fully into an adult. They have also had her uterus, breast tissue and appendix removed. Their blog explains in more detail the reasons for their decisions. Right or wrong?

3. Man Risks Own Life to Save Man on Tracks. A selfless New Yorker threw himself down amongst the subway tracks in order to save the life of a man who had had a seizure and fell off the platform. Don't see that many selfless acts of bravery these days, do you?

3 comments:

  1. Hello sweetie. You had us in fits of giggles with this post.

    Do you think the cats want to keep your handbag to themselves and have marked it as theirs?

    Your assessment of the insomnia black hole is very accurate. I have no cure to offer but have found that mine occurs if I have a negative outlook / attitude. Being positive and exercising help a lot. I know it is difficult being a positive energy when you have a cat pee bag, but you seem a very strong person. :P

    All dogs and children grow up perfectly fine if they are reared correctly, with discipline, love and nurturing in equal measures.

    Thanks for sharing. I'll try to stop giggling now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Pitbulls were bred to be mean, some are fine but because of breeding they are unpredictable. Not only that, but once one turns, they cause a lot of damage, also due to breeding. They should be sterelized and caged like wild animals. Their human breeders should be caged with them.

    2. I just scanned it, but it honestly sounds like the girl will benefit from the treatments. If you can't have an adult relationship, why have boobs and a period? All the problems, but none of the benefits.

    3. I'm rather shocked. I hope they give the guy a medal. He's really an awesome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know what I think about little Ashley... Having said that, when we were talking about it last night, I found myself defending the parents' decision, so maybe that's where I lean.

    After all, Ashley has no quality of life right now, so she might as well have no quality of life within the loving environment of her family, rather than have to be moved to a hospice if they won't be able to look after her because she is too tall/heavy/whatever.

    It's a terrible choice to have to make, but it looks like both parents and child stand to benefit here.

    ReplyDelete