Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Little Clarification, but First...

In a recent entry, I wrote of my lustful dream of the lovely, though weird, Dita von Teese. Kate, the cheeky (von) Minx, has decided to exact her revenge. She has posted a picture of her gothic dream girl. What's a girl to do? Please swing around Kate's blog and check it out.

What's the Story with the Bullshit?

I've had several emails from friends who are concerned for my mental welfare. I assure you I am not insane (well, not any more insane than I already am) and that all is well. Life is too short for Bullshit happens to be my motto. And I have developed a rather lowered tolerance for bullshit in recent weeks.

Several things that have occurred since my return from SA have only served to fuel my feelings about this and have lowered my already miniscule tolerance even further.

Pray tell: What is this Bullshit of which you speak?

You really want to know? Ha! I am really disappointed in some people I thought I could trust.

The current atmosphere at work is funereal. Indeed. It's like someone died. (Someone has, but you know what I mean) In fact, you'd have more fun at an actual funeral. I've been to one recently and I DID have more fun.

What Else Constitutes Bullshit?

A few examples, but by no means a complete list:

* Fake friends
* Telemarketers
* Sour faced, middle aged women who grimace at your attempts to make them smile
* Job hanging in the balance
* People who aren't direct and beat around the bush
* Junk mail
* Advertising
* Catholic adoption agencies willing to cut off their noses to spite their face
* Ignorant twats

4 comments:

  1. You forgot:

    *Stupid blogger making me switch to new blogger when I didn't want to.

    and

    *Stupid blogger errors saying there's no comment when there is so then you end up with two and look like a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been with me for 4 years and yet people only just started worrying about your mental health??? Shocking!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, girl. I've been off the blogaround scene for a few days, so am playing catch-up again.

    Like your motto and agree with it.

    Sorry for being a bit absent lately, but it's not cos I don't know what to say and am avoiding you, y'know!

    Just remember: Bullshit surrounds us all, much in the same way that we all have to work with idiots. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yip, bullshit baffles brains.... your lowered tolerance for bullshit is most welcome and much supported.

    ReplyDelete