Friday, July 07, 2006

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

The Fundamental Beliefs of Tanya O, Secondary Priestess of the Worshipful Society of the Almighty Heate, Keeper of the Sacred Ritual of the Can Opener, and Servant of Cat

1. I believe that we are all connected in a spiritual way and this connection needs to be honoured by everyone throughout the world if we are ever to achieve peace and respect amongst nations.

2. I believe in astrology and the influences on the planets on all of us.

3. The moon has a lot of power and living in rhythm with this energy will benefit us all enormously. It connects us to the energies of nature and to the earth.

4. Earth energies are also powerful and deeply healing. I strive to live in harmony with nature and have begun to explore co-creative gardening.

5. I believe that we all have energies which we exchange regularly. Negative energies leave us drained, while positive energies leave us energised. Spend as little time as possible with people who have emersed themselves and their lives in negative energies.

6. Love is the only truth, the only way forward and to begin to use this energy we need to practice unconditional love towards ourselves.

7. I believe in the freedom to be whoever we want to be. We create our own reality.

8. We are all responsible for our own Karma

9. I believe in Karma.

10. Nothing happens without a reason and people come into your lives for a reason. There is no random.

11. The universe likes balance.

12. I believe in the healing energy of Reiki, which is, essentially, myoho-renge-kyo.

13. Everything is myoho-renge-kyo

14. I believe that complementary therapies work

15. I believe in the Mystic Law

16. That we all have Buddha nature and the potential for Buddhahood

17. There is no ONE path, rather a path best suited to each individual

18. The truth sets you free

19. Cats are more intelligent than humans - they allowed us to evolve so that we may work on their behalf.

20. Nothing is impossible.

PS: You earn 25 points if you can correctly name where my opening title of this post came from.

4 comments:

  1. Those are all so great. Especially number 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas........

    That movie was so well done, so funny yet painful at the same time.

    6. Love is the only truth, the only way forward and to begin to use this energy we need to practice unconditional love towards ourselves.

    I find that when I am truly loving to myself I treat the entire planet with reverence because that is my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the nail on the head with number 19. Check this out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful chica! Numero 10 is parallel to a talk I just gave to a woman convinced her life is miserable because of a "mistake" she made. I told her there are no mistakes...if it happened it was meant to be and now she needed to go forward with her life and take this with you...a lesson, an experience, a scar, and a part of who you are. I am sure I will write about this soon. In fact, I had already planned on it. Thanks for the reminder.

    I love random!

    Ciao bella...

    ReplyDelete