Wednesday, July 26, 2006


And Now, A Movie Review...

ohmygod. I have wasted 2 hours of my life on this piece of shite movie. Kate and I saw the trailer on another DVD we rented from Screenselect a while back. Thinking the movie looked good, we added it to our "Must See" list. What the FUCK were we thinking?

Domino is (very) loosely based on the life of real life bounty hunter Domino Harvey. The plot keeps twisting and turning and Keira Knightly just comes across as a Sloane Ranger who's playing at being a tough chick. (Stick to the period dramas love). SO fake it's not even funny. What's worse is they have a quality actor like Christopher Walken in it. Oh man. It's a steaming pile of shit and best avoided if possible. You don't want to lose a chunk of your life to this pathetic crap pile.

I watched the whole thing to the end. I insisted. Since we rented it, I had to watch it. And surely, somewhere, at some point, it was going to get better? Halfway through the movie, Kate looked at me with a raised eyebrow and announced she was off to have a shower.

SAVE YOURSELF: DO NOT RENT THIS MOVIE. IT'S PANTS.

4 comments:

  1. You have to finish them, though, don't you? I'm glad you've reviewed this, cos I was quite tempted to watch it: Tony Scott's an all right director; and Chris Walken too. What could go wrong? Will avoid, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I had a similar experience with "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Halfway through, my wife got up and left, it was such crap. But I stuck it out. I needed to see how bad the movie could get.

    And it showed me. Oh, did it show me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I thought the same thing, the trailers looked pretty good but the movie totally sucked. I stuck it out to the end waiting for it to get better. It just got worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel very alone here but I'll say it - I loved this film! And most of my friends did too. Tony Scott disappointed me with 'Man on Fire' but I thought 'Domino' was fab. And his best is still 'True Romance' - by far!

    Oh well...

    ReplyDelete