Thursday, July 13, 2006

"Be still. Observe."

I believe that the Universe brings us messages. How these are delivered varies. Perhaps the message comes in a conversation with a friend, or a chance meeting. Perhaps in the lines of a book you're reading or a film or a piece of music. Occasionally the messages come direct from the Universe into the brain.

I think I have had one of those latter kinds of messages delivered today.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. I have been confused and frustrated about a number of things. I've felt overwhelmed by all my commitments, my finances and personal issues. I've spent an extraordinary amount of energy worrying about things and very little has actually happened to ease any of my fears.

I sat outside during my lunch break today and kicked my shoes off to feel the grass under my feet. I emptied my mind and just felt the rhythm of nature and the earth. My intention was to let go of all the worry and stress I was feeling, to create a little pocket of peace in my day.Then it came, the messages, in bright bold lettering across my mind:

"Be still. Observe."

I understand this to mean that I must quit stressing out and just observe what's going on around me. Now isn't the time for worrying or taking action. (Just as well with Mercury retrograde.)

So, I am going to listen to this. As my mate Joe says, the Universe taps you on the shoulder two - maybe three - times. After that it takes out the baseball bat.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be still and observe. We all spend too much time doing the exact opposite: running around and not paying attention to what's around us. So, do what you're told!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its lovely how you listen to your inner voice.
    I believe we all have a wise teacher in us, always present to guide us.
    Perhaps one of the first steps in hearing the wise words or feelings is to be still and observe. Or as Eckhart would call it, it is a doorway, a pointer.
    Thanks Tanya.

    ReplyDelete