Wednesday, July 19, 2006

FACK.

I did a stupid thing. I work for a venue booking agency as a day job and yesterday I forgot to cancel 2 reservations, which resulted in a charge for the booking. The last time this happened, I was told that if it happened again, I would have to foot the bill myself so now I have to pay for 2 hotel rooms, which I was foolish enough not to cancel. The total of this is in excess of £200. With finances already in crisis, this is not the best thing to happen right now. However, it has highlighted how tired I have become sitting in this steaming pile of financial poo-poo that I have been sitting in for some time now. The solution I have come up with is:

1. Cultivate serious multi-tasking ability so this doesn't happen again (being charged for a room I forgot to cancel)

2. Get a second job, say in Tesco's Supermarket or a pub or off-license.

Currently, my ends don't meet. They just gaze longingly at each other across a crowded room. If I want to study, improve my life and pay my debts, I have to make sacrifices, and one of these will have to be some of my spare time.

I reckon the first thing I need to do is get those debts cleared. Then try to save some extra cash.

The creative writing workshops depend on how many people sign up for them, at the end of the day. If there aren't enough students, the class doesn't go ahead, I don't get paid. I need something more solid than that to start off with.

This is what you get when you decide to change your financial karma.

3 comments:

  1. That last line sounds like a lyric in the Radiohead song Karma Police:

    This is what you get
    When you mess with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling you Tanya. My friend has just decided to declare bankruptcy and she is very stressed out.
    There is such societal pressure to be finacially solvent that we have tied in with feeling worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting out of debt is exactly what I'm working on right now.

    ReplyDelete