Fatties' Days Are Numbered!
BBC News reports that fat people are bankrupting the NHS.
In a bid to reduce obesity in the uk, the government has suggested the following:
* Health checks, including waist and weight measurements, for all school leavers
* Stricter planning regulations to only allow new housing complexes if they have sports facilities and green parks nearby
* Funds for obesity surgery for people with a body mass index of over 40
* Tax on processed food high in sugar and salt
* Only allow new urban roads if they have cycle lanes
According to my doctor, my BMI indicates that I am obese. Looks like I won't be for long. Blood fricken Nanny State. Earlier this year, they were debating whether doctors should refuse obese people treatment for obesity related illness. Oh... and now they want to put a help line phone number on the labels of larger sized clothes so that people like me can phone and get help.
Blech. My size 22 days are going to be coming to an end. I suppose I better get back on the wagon or face the humiliation.