Friday, August 11, 2006

Life and Other Things

The moon is in Pisces today. Get more information here.

I need another source of income. I SO need another source of income. I have not heard back from the BP shop after handing my application form in two weeks ago. I am starting to get the feeling that The Universe is prompting me to make use of the talents I already possess and not to undersell myself.

So, together with Erika and Kate, in a long conversation last Sunday, I came to the conclusion that I should try to find ways I can use the skills I already have. This means that today I am contacting the people who arrange the esoteric fayres in our area to find out how much it costs to set up a stall and to book myself in for the next fayre. The idea is to give Reiki and Indian Head Massage treatments. And maybe by next year I can add Tarot and psychometry to my bag of tricks.

The next creative writing course I am giving is scheduled to start in September, but will only go ahead if we get a certain minimum amount of students. The school where I do these courses has put me down to do 3 ten week sessions (provided there are students): September, January and March. This time, instead of chanting for students, I am chanting that I can help the human revolution of whoever joins the classes, whenever they decide to join it.

Failing all that, I am sure there has to be SOME kind of Saturday job going somewhere. And I could try to sell some of my fiction. Or perhaps I should 'learn the ropes' and sell my services as a dominatrix... ha ha ha. (Actually....)

Aargh. Fuck this money shit. I am tired of struggling, man.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great Tan... you go for it!!! A word of advice though, make sure you have insurance a good friend of mine gave Reiki at a fair with no insurance and faces ruin now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si

    Thanks for the tip. So where do I get Reiki insurance? And how much is that gonna cost?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always really difficult trying to balance work and money and freedom, I think. If you can make money out of something you love, Tanya, go for it. But make sure you're fully covered: whether it be copyrighting your stories or getting insurance for reiki.

    ReplyDelete