Monday, August 14, 2006


Another DVD Review: Corpse Bride

I haven't been to the cinema in a LONG time. The last thing I saw in a movie theatre (haha - South African readers - I almost wrote bi-scope!) was The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and that was with Julie and on my 32nd Birthday. Corpse Bride is one I would have loved to have seen in the Cinema, but since we use Screenselect, Kate and I feel very little need to go to the movies. Besides, Kate hates the cinema, which is a shame, because I love it. We've been together nealy 4 years and have not been to the cinema together once.

But on with the review....

I loved Nightmare Before Christmas and I love Corpse Bride. The painstaking work involved just enhanced my appreciation of this film. This one gets two thumbs up, five stars and one meow from Mischa. It was a brilliant film. Highly recommended.

Tim Burton seems to have a very big soft spot for using Johnny Depp and Christopher Lee in most of his films, and they always do well.

4 comments:

  1. I like Burton and I like Depp, but I'm not big on animation... Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too - although the animation was almost too 'smoothe' and 'crisp' - I preferred the 'roughness' of Nightmare Before Christmas, although I couldn't sit through the whole thing (hate musicals!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't going to see this movie...but now with your review, I most certainly will see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this movie. i saw it in the theater and i also have the dvd.

    im a little bit iffy on tim burton, hes always been a hit or miss for me. but this one is definitely a hit!

    ReplyDelete