Sunday, May 06, 2007


Out and About in Nottingham


I went up to Nottingham yesterday. My friend Simon invited me to join him and a few other people for the day and encouraged me to get there early so that we could go and get some spiritual healing.
I set off at 8am and just as we walked out of the Nottingham station, we saw a woman who had fallen and cut her head open. We, along with some other people, helped her out, made sure the first aid guy was there to help and then moved along to meet up with Si's spiritual healer friend, Alan.
The healing was really good and very much needed. I didn't realise how much of my emotional pain was contained in my shoulder. After the healing, the pain in my neck and shoulder eased off and my shoulder felt normal and pain free. It's still normal and pain free this morning.
After meeting Jen and May at Si's place (which I totally love because he has such gorgeous taste) we had a little lunch and then set off on a trek around Nottingham. Our walk took us past Nottingham Castle, where some people were performing songs from Grease. Then on to Ye Olde Jerusalem, England's oldest inn, apparently. We happened upon a reggae sort of band that was performing as part of some rally that was held earlier in the day. After that, a stroll along the canals and we stopped for a quick cup of tea before Jen and I had to race back to Si's place to pick up our stuff in order to get back to the train station for 6pm.
I have so many blisters on both my feet and my legs ache, but it was a really good day. I had a long chat with May about life and she and Simon proceeded to convince me that I should move up to Nottingham. The social life is more vibrant, there is more culture, more to do, more people to meet and more jobs. Not to mention a thriving buddhist and gay community. Their words are very seductive. Their arguments were persuasive. There is definitely a great benefit to living in a large city. The countryside is quiet, isolating.
The world has suddenly loomed larger on my radar. Si, Jen and May convinced me to put some designs onto Cafepress and to consider bringing my canvasses to a little gallery cum tea room to sell. All in all it was a good day. Being around friends was indeed therapeutic and really renewed my faith in my life and my abilities. They opened up a world of possibilities to me and that is something I am deeply grateful to for all of them. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome Tanya.
    It was great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete