Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Big Decisions, Weird Dreams

I had a dream on Saturday night. I dreamt that I had lost my two front teeth and needed to get to the dentist. I was the first one in the waiting room and after the other patients arrived, the receptionist ushered those with appointments to one side and handed out plastic spoons with numbers on to those waiting emergency treatment. She gave me a spoon with a number 8 on it. And I lost my rag and I shouted: "No fucking way! I was here first. Why do I always have to be the last one in the queue?" I chucked down the number 8 spoon and snatched the number 1 spoon and said, "The doctor will see me first."

What does this dream have to do with anything? Well, for starters, it is very powerfully linked to a big decision I have made: to put myself in the centre of my life. Up until just a few days ago, I have spent my entire life placing other people and situations in the centre of my life and I have simply revolved around them. From now on, every decision I make, everything that I do will be coming from the centre of my life.

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine that your inner child, that sweet innocent baby Tanya is crying with relief and gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have fally-outy-teeth dreams. I think they're to do with money, aren't they, like getting some? I can't remember now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl, a powerful life decision that will not fail you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often have dreams with my teeth falling out or damaged in some way. I always chalked it up to the trauma of having a tooth knocked out, a tooth chipped or the trauma of much dental work as a child as in, teeth pulled for braces and the braces themselves. Subsequently I've not thought much about the rest of the dream, but perhaps I should be worrying less about the trauma of the lost teeth and more about the context of the dream. Thanks for that insight.

    ReplyDelete