Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Update Time, Everyone....

So.

I have been running around to all kinds of job interviews. Been interviewed for a job I know I will turn down and for one that I could see myself doing, and it will be OK, but nothing that will really blow my hair back. Had a phone message today from the Your Cat Magazine people. I must give them a call tomorrow. Let's hope it's for an interview and not to tell me to stop sending my damn CV to them every time they advertise a job. AND if it IS an interview, let's hope I get the job because THAT, my friends, will indeed blow my hair back.

A nice employment agency has managed to find me some temp work in the meantime. I have spent the last two days responding to emails from random people who can't log in on the company's website, with instructions on how they can do so. Not blowing my hair back, but most certainly, there will be a few coins in the coffers once this is all over and done.

Tomorrow night I begin teaching the first Advanced Creative Writing Class. GO ME! Looking forward to that.

I am, however, emotionally exhausted. I hadn't really felt the grief for my Dad's death until about a week ago, when I lost something else that seemed safe and familiar in my life. Now I intend to get back onto my feet and save as much as I can, pay off as much as I can and head off on a little weekend somewhere on my own. Like a spa or retreat. Or this place. Or maybe this place. Failing all that, my friend Fiona in London is keen that we get together, so I might head down to London and spend time with her. Regardless, I feel I need a break. I feel I need a little time away from everything to recharge the old batteries and restore my faith in life and in love.

5 comments:

  1. You've had a rough few months, and it was bound to hit you sooner or later. It's great that you're able to keep a positive attitude, but it's equally important to mourn and acknowledge the hurt... or it will sneak up on you later on, when you think you've got yourself sorted. And fingers (and toes) crossed for that Cat mag job!


    And here are your interview questions:

    How does your temperament reflect the typical characteristics of your star sign?

    Do you have a favourite cat breed? Which is it, and why?

    Is England home for you these days or do you think you'll want to go back to South Africa one day?

    Dating: do you prefer to be asked out or to be the one doing the asking?

    Do you like your first name? Were other names considered for you at birth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the getaway idea and Delphiris Dolphin smiles would be my choice between the two.

    Good Luck with the Cat Mag call tomorrow and for your advanced creative writing class tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best thoughts and wishes heading your way over the cat mag job. Considering the way 2007 has started out for you, it would be great to finally have some positive news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Tanya!
    Keep us posted about the Cat Magazine.
    I love your expression about blowing hair back.great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody needs some time. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete