Monday, April 16, 2007


It's Monday... So Here's An Update


I had acupuncture this morning from the physio. All at the expense of the NHS. Bonus! The needles did not hurt going into the skin, but they did hurt when the physiotherapist twizzled them a couple of times. They just felt a little achy while they were in. My shoulder is overjoyed. She told me I would probably only feel any effect after 3 treatments, but by the time I got into my car, my shoulder pain had eased off to such a degree that I felt like it was almost restored to normal! I go for another session next week. The Universe has been very generous to me in this regard. I really feel this is the way to help my shoulder and I do not regret this decision at all. The little bit of pain and ache I felt while she turned the needles was worth the relief I feel now.

Took Zak to the vet this morning as well. Nice little South African guy. Is it just me, or are vets far more compassionate than regular human-treating doctors? I don't think it's because you PAY a vet. I've paid doctors too when I lived in SA. I guess it's different if you are following your passion than if you are just a clever person who thought that med school would be a nice idea. Not to say there aren't any human treating doctors out there who aren't passionate about what they are doing. I think that the NHS kills whatever passion many people first felt entering the medical profession.

Regardless, I can report that Zakky definitely has conjunctivitis and he got an antibiotic injection and a little tube of ointment for his eye. He already looks better and is in much better spirits now that it probably doesn't itch as much. He's outside following Lucifer around.

Took some photos yesterday, which I will post later on. I have job applications to fill out and an article to send off to a magazine, so I best get on with doing that.

2 comments:

  1. We used to use a South African vet. He was a wanker and just wanted to keep Cat on vearious treatments for months on end. Good luck with the job stuff. And glad your shoulder eased up. I've never had acupuncture, but it worked really well for Red a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that most vets do it more for the love than the money (even though the money is huge!)

    I LOVE my vet! I wish I could rather go to him than any other doctor... he makes such effort with little extras, like when Winston went for a procedure under anaesthetic, he sent him home with a 'get well' card and the 'special vet's instructions' (that he hand wrote) were "give him lots of love!" ;>

    ReplyDelete