Monday, April 02, 2007

It Never Pains It Roars...

I feel like a bit of a failure at life today.

I was made redundant this morning. I am not terribly surprised considering things at work have been really quiet, but still, it is a bit of a shock.

When my mom died 5 years ago, the dotcom industry took a nose dive and I was made redundant 4 months before she passed on. I had a feeling that this would happen again when my dad died. I was right.

Perhaps I spent too much time blogging? Ha ha. I had the time to blog because I didn't have enough work to do. The company has been feeling the pinch for a while and last one in is always the first one out. Who knows? Maybe they thought I was just crap and couldn't wait for an excuse to get rid of me?

Our internet connection at home is not behaving, so I am in the library writin this out. I have one word for all this: ARSE.

Just need to re-organise my lifeforce and get out there, hey?

6 comments:

  1. Arse, indeed. Time to regroup and go out there and get 'em. Was this job also in the IT industry, like the one you were made redundant from five years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sounds like minimizing your blogging for the week has been forced upon you. That's a blow for us all. Hope it's not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big HUG Sweetie

    There's something better and more fitting for you out there hon. Remember "above the clouds" and all that

    Si x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the job situation T. Arse is certainly the right word. Is there a possibility of teaching more writing classes, or perhaps setting up a home business (doing readings, Reiki, etc), and focussing on something you love rather than just a job?

    I believe it was an interview on CBC Radio that I heard the author of a book on successful people. The one thing they all had in common was a passion for waht they were doing. Many had given up very well paying jobs and took huge pay cuts to do waht they loved. All ended up highly successful in their chosen fields.

    The universe at work perhaps? Hard to think of it as a positive, I'm sure, but who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo, girl, are you okay? You've been quiet for a couple of days now, it ain't like you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. To all of you:

    THANK YOU for your kind support and your comments through this time. You've been remarkable through this and through the death of my father. I am so grateful to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete