Wednesday, February 21, 2007

An Update on the Life of Tanya. As We Know It.

When did I become a cantankerous old lady? I am turning 34 this year - not 74! I don't like being cantankerous. This cantankerousness (is that a word?) must stop. That, or the bullshit it in the world must stop. Including my own bullshit! Besides, I always had visions of me being this laid back, very eccentric and scandalous little old lady who wore orange and purple together. At this rate, I'll be one of those blue rinse grannies in a floral print dress who watches the Corrie Omnibus. BAH!

So, in an executive decision, I have decided that I refuse to be an old bat at my age. So There.

ANYWAY...

I recently felt brave enough to step on the scales again. This morning it was, in fact. That's how recent. Urgh. I weigh 100kgs again. That's 15 stone to you people still stuck in the imperial system. It took me 4 months to lose half a stone (yes, I took it easy) and just ONE month to pile it all back on.

I made a promise to myself and to Kate earlier this year that I would SO take better care of myself this year and work on being healthy. This includes going for the dreaded smear test, the dreaded dentist check up and the not so dreaded eye test. And, of course, the health and beauty regime. Heh.

I have not fallen off the wagon - I have been left in the dust and the wagon is but a speck on the horizon and getting smaller and smaller as it races away from me. Crap. So now it's back to the whole get healthy thing. I have scheduled an eye test. And today I had a healthy breakfast and I have a salad for lunch and stir fry for supper. And a little bit of jumping up and down with my exercise DVD is planned. I see my GP on Thursday next week to sort my shoulder out and I am sure I will be prompted to make the dreaded nurse's appointment then.

I've had enough of being tired, slow, lazy, unhealthy. I really have. 34 years old, size 22, obese. That's no way to live, man. That's not even living. That's DYING. I am not going to do this to myself anymore. I owe this to myself more than anything else. I deserve a healthy life. I want to free myself from the life state of Hunger, and this is where I am going to start. With the physical.

So, Kate, you'll be seeing less of me sitting in front of the telly with my feet up from now .

Now, something else:
OK Buddhists - the Absolute Freedom Group needs your Daimoku.

The next Daimoku meeting is on Tuesday 27 February 2007 at the SGI-UK South London National Centre 1 Bernay's Grove, SW9 - www.sgi-uk.org - for those who do not live in London, then please chant in domo with us all when you're at home.

Gongyo starts at 7.30pm with everyone in the centre and then we have the multi function room to chant until 8.30pm. If you would like to support and lead the Daimoku for part of the hour, then please let me know.

This Daimoku meeting is to chant:
* for all those who have met this wonderful Buddhism through our Annual Introductory Lecture aimed at taking Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism, SGI and 'nam myoho renge kyo' to the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender communities

* to ensure all those who have started to practice through our activities are connected to their respective Districts so they can develop a strong faith, move forward in their lives and become happy

* for the success of our future annual Introductory Lecture and take this wonderful Buddhism into the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender communities

The dates and venues for the next couple of meetings are:

Tuesday 27 March - 7.30pm in Room 6, 1st Floor, SGI-UK North & Central London Centre, Wakefield St, WC1

Tuesday 24 April - 7.30pm at the SGI-UK West London Centre, The Maples, 18 High Street, Acton, W3 6LJ

2 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself about the weight. It will be easier to lose with warm weather coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya darling, you are lovely and amazing. Never doubt it.

    If you're interested, Flylady has a book called "Body Clutter". I've ordered a copy for myself and look forward to (and dread) reading it.

    Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete