Sunday, February 25, 2007

My dad would have been 67 today. I can't share this with Dad today, so I will share it with you guys.

I always made a point of phoning him on his birthday and having a chat. The world is undoubtedly a lot emptier without him. I always turned to him for his wisdom and advice and now he is not here.

I was chanting one night and asked who am I to turn to for wisdom now, without my dad. I swear the voice I heard was my dad's. The message was this: "You have all the wisdom you need within you already." Now that' wise, huh?

Sorry, no Dangerdykes or any other updates today and just this silly whiny post.

In other news:
Had an interesting morning. Met a very interesting lady who does shiatsu massage on horses (and humans, but not at the same time). She introduced me to the idea of macrobiotics. Me? Tanya? A health nut? Stranger things have happened. In any case I am considering (on absolutely no cash whatsoever) to at some point go and see this lady so that I can sort this fricken shoulder out.

I pulled the muscles in my right shoulder 4 years ago and recently it's been causing me no end of problems since the pain in the shoulder is only compounded by the pain of repetitive strain in the same arm. The pain creeps up my neck and I end up with horrendous headaches. If there's something out there that will help me manage the pain without chemicals, I am wililng to give it a go. Sadly, the chemicals are cheaper.

3 comments:

  1. Birthdays are tough :(

    (((((( T ))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you try swopping therapies with the shiatsu lady - you do reiki for her and she can do shiatsu for you? Kris does that in Oz with a kind of collective she's got going - it means that they all get to enjoy one another's therapies without it costing them a cent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only just read this (I wasn't around much... well, at all last week), so I'm a little late. Dori is right: birthdays are tough and sad and full of longing.

    What a wonderful result to get out of your chanting. And of course, those words are spot on.

    ReplyDelete