Friday, February 23, 2007

In Contemplation of My Next Tattoo...

(not that I have the money to be thinking about this right now.)

Nothing like indulging in a bit of fantasy of a Friday afternoon, eh? And today my thoughts are leading me to consider tattoos. My current tattoo (pictured left) symbolises transformation. Today I was thinking I really should get something tattooed in honour my dad. Or to symbolise rebirth/reincarnation/eternal life. The best that the internet has been able to spit at me is the Ankh. Ankhs can be dead boring. So now I am a bit stuck.


I have picked out several tattoos I would like. One of them I have 'borrowed' from something I have seen on someone else, but will have it modified. It's a wheel of cats. As if you didn't see that one coming. The cats symbolise independence. I am also contemplating a labyrys, obviously to symbolise female strength and the female warrior nature. I am also considering a beautiful lotus flower to symbolise my buddhahood and my faith.

Where are all these tattoos going to go and more importantly, where the fuck am I going to gte the money? Added to that, I would like to work all these ideas together into an intricate, almost tribal half sleeve tribal design. Something like the picture indicated below. Any ideas how existing tattoo, cats, and lotus can work together as part of a tribal sleeve design? The labyrys will be on the other arm, free standing. I want things to link up and join, you know. Not that I should be thinking about this now. Also, does anyone have any suggestions at all what other symbol there is to use instead of an ankh?
Tattoos are like Marmite. You love 'em or you hate 'em.

4 comments:

  1. I have a static sticker for my car with three cats intertwined into a celtic design. The design was called faere cats, I think.

    I am getting a tattoo with my sisters. Inside our right wrists. A moon and three stars, each star will be a diff color one for each of us. :) I want a personal tattoo on my backside but can't decide what to pick. It's a hard thing to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great tattoo artist here in Edmonton who seems to be able to read my mind. I've gone in with multiple pictures as well as just the thoughts in my head and he's managed to blend them all together and come up with exactly what I was thinking of. Once you have a fairly good idea of what you want for the sleeve, and you're ready to get the new ink done, go to a shop and talk to them. Chances are, if they're any good, they'll be able to do the same for you :) I think your ideas are great!

    PS: Has your package shown up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat - You are such a gem! Thanks! This is so much better than what I had planned and this is definitely the NEXT TATTOO!!!!

    Karen - Shakey Pete, who did Kate's hamster (I think I should take a pic of that and post it)on her leg, is brilliant and I am very sure he will come up with something. He is such a talented tattooist. So is the lady who did my first tattoo. Looks like Kate and I will be making a little trip to Peterborough.

    ReplyDelete