Friday, September 15, 2006

To Do List

This was inspired by Karen and her list. Add your own ideas in the comments.

Things To Do Before I Turn 35
Treat myself to Champagne cocktails in a posh location
Sell a piece of art that I have created
Get slim, fit and healthy
Stay slim, fit and healthy
Be debt free
Spend a luxurious day in a day spa and be pampered
Get tattooed. Again.
Give up television for 1 week
Own a pair of Daemonia Bat shoes
Write a novel
Read 100 books
Go out in full Gothic gear with Kate in her full Gothic gear
Sponsor a guide dog puppy
Go to a writers'/artists' festival
Visit my friend Paola in Italy
Go on a Buddhist course at Trets, France
Quit drinking alcohol for a month at least
Give up caffeine
Know what I want to do with my life
Either read or get rid of all the unread books on my bookshelf



Things To Do Before I Turn 40
Swim with Dolphins
Drink Margaritas with Chris
Visit New York City
Learn to play the guitar. Not just a few strums to a few tunes, but really super well.
Get a degree
Visit Mexico and walk around the pyramids. Hopefully as part of a Toltec group.
Participate in a fundraising challenge event
Go for a holiday in Plettenberg Bay again
Go to the Opera at Covent Garden or La Scala or The Met or Glyndebourne
Dress as Magenta and attend a Rocky Horror Show and do the whole audience participation thing
Speak fluent Italian
Speak fluent Dutch



Things to do before I die
Send a message in a bottle.Test drive a sexy little sports car
Read 1,000 books
Learn to at least understand French and German

Things I've already done:
Visit New Grange
Visit Stonehenge
Got Tattooed
Gone to Venice
Learned another language
Lived in a foreign country and experienced the culture (3 times)
Got married
Got divorced
Stood naked in the moonlight at midnight
Posed nude for a lifedrawing class

5 comments:

  1. I want to learn to walk in high heels!

    (And isn't Newgrange fabulous? I felt I had come home when I visited Ireland... weird and wonderful feeling.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magenta is my fave Rocky Horror character, although I'd love to play either Frank (natch) or Riff Raff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat. I might do one on my blog later this week. I should have one of these anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Tanya! I feel famous :)

    Your lists are great. I love how you divided them up with deadlines based on age. Hmmm, perhaps I should have done that - it would inspire me to complete more of my items. Kudos to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um...you need to add 1 thing to your list of things to do before you're 35.... CUSTOMIZE KATE'S DRUM SET!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete