Wednesday, September 06, 2006


Auntie Liz and Coven Nights

Well, tonight I am off to see Auntie Liz.

Auntie Liz is the crazy white haired lady in the middle of the picture. I am the bespectacled chick on the left and my cousin Rochelle is on the right.

Auntie Liz isn't my real auntie. I adopted her. Rochelle is my real cousin, though, and she is visiting from South Africa and I am going to see her tonight before she heads home at the end of this week.

There was a time Auntie Liz used to open her home for dinner with a whole host of interesting ladies on a Tuesday night. We called these "Coven Nights". I miss that. I miss the atmosphere that those nights held.

But tonight, I see Rochelle and I can hand over a book for her to take back for my sister.

And spare a thought for poor Kate who has decided that she should stay in tonight and finish off the painting and decorating. Bless. I am lucky to have such a DIY savvy woman in my life.

Tastes Like Llama has updated with a short poem. GO HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll have a fun evening!

    But I think you should drag Kate along... it's no fun being home alone decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red: I have tried dragging Kate along. She said she would be happier doing her DIY while she's "in the flow" and we could always go see Auntie Liz at any other time. Besides, it's special for me tonight as it's really a chance to see cousin Rochelle more than anything else. I haven't seen her since my visit to South Africa in March this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your auntie looks like she would make an awesome spiritual mentor.
    I can relate to Kate being ok with decorating solo. I know, for me, alot of inner-voice-considering goes on, which looks like on the outside, as me standing, staring, and chewing a fingernail..in other words, not very social.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healing Room: She is certainly all that.

    ReplyDelete