Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ex-u-ber-ant [ig-zub-r-ant]

1. effusively and almost uninhibitedly enthusiastic; lavishly abundant
2. abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous.


Today, for the first time in a long while, I am experiencing one of those extraordinarily fantastic days. The best way to describe how I feel is to say I feel exuberent. So exuberant, in fact, that I feel like the personification of a loud Hawaiian shirt.

It started at 6am. I got out of bed and woke up relatively quickly, which surprised me because usually it takes me until 11am to feel vaguely awake. I did an exercise routine for muscle toning and while I was taking a shower afterwards, this feeling of everything being wonderful and just perfect in the world crept up on me.

Maybe it was the exercise, releasing endorphins. Maybe it is because I am chanting to take ownership of my Buddhahood and my life. Who knows? Today feels wonderful. Today feels that nothing can go wrong and I feel beautiful and joyful. And thrown in amongst all this is a gorgeous liquid sensation that I call serenity.

Today rocks. I rock!

There was a time I felt this way quite regularly. At that point in time I exercises regularly, got up at 6am, ate healthily and meditated. I know that this is just a taste of the return to that state of life. I'm going to enjoy this!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's wonderful, good for you. You do rock!

    I, on the other hand, am feeling knackered. Perhaps I drank too much when our guests were here (and I don't really drink, period...), perhaps it's because we haven't had time to shop since their departure, so we have been surviving on a diet of cheese and takeaways... whatever it is, I feel sluggish. I need some healthy food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red: Hmm. It's waning moon, so you should be getting rid of hangover type thingies quicker. Moon's in Leo today, which means dehydration big time - grab a glass of water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't know much about moons and the like, but I do love Hawaiian shirts, and if you feel like one, then I can be your buddy! And that's gotta be a good thing ;)

    It's great when you wake up early AND feel good, isn't it? Here's to more of that. And bon voyage on your positive new life journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! I have been meaning to start exercising more, I've really let it go the last couple fo months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! great days like that are always good for the head.
    And way to go with the excersise! I will be motivated one day..... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone should have more days like this! Good for you! Karma karma karma...

    ReplyDelete