Monday, June 12, 2006



MOON BASICS

I have been encouraged to blog about the moon's influence on our lives, so here it is.

I am really into becoming more in rhythm with nature and one of the things that has helped me to do this is paying attention to the moon phases and working with them.

The basics are:

~ Everything that you want to draw towards yourself, nourish yourself with, that would add to your life, will be more powerful and successful over the waxing and the full moon. (Waxing is the moon growing towards full moon.) For example, it's a great time to use moisturisers and body lotion to feed the skin. Medicines are more potent. The downside is that your body will be more prone to weight gain over this time, so possibly best to steer away from the fatty foods and the junk over this period. Also good for planting.

~ Everything you want to release or get rid of will be more favourable for you if you do this over the waning or new moon. If you are wanting to rid yourself of a habit such as smoking, new moon is THE best time to do it. It's a great time for detoxing because anything that needs illiminated would be more easily removed from your system. Excellent time for clearing our cupboards and decluttering and the plus side is that you could actually get away with eating almost anything as we tend not to put on so much weight over this period. The waning moon is also preferred for surgery as patients tend to bleed less over this time. Also good for weeding.

This is just the basic stuff, as I have said before. It starts getting a little more involved once you start taking into account the sign of the zodiac that the moon passes through each day. The moon moves through these signs over a few days and these work with the moon to influence certain areas of the body as well as the atmosphere of the day.

The rhythm of the moon can also be harnessed to benefit creativity and artistic work. If you want me to blog about how, please leave a comment and I'll sort something out.

So there you have it. Moon Basics.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that sweetie!

    Printed it off and will refer to it from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tanya...I love this post. I have always meen fascinated by the moon...know I know why. ;)

    Also, I have dedicated my article to you this week. Hope you enjoy.

    Ciao chica...

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...did I mean "been" fascinated in my comment above? Should have hit preview.

    Ciao again :)

    ReplyDelete