Friday, June 30, 2006

INSOMNIA

I think I may have found the cause of my insomnia.

I have so many ideas sloshing about in my brain - short stories, novel, comic strips, paintings, drawings, business ideas - that I can't switch off when I go to bed. I just lie there and my mind goes off in a hundred different directions. It's a bit like trying to calm a toddler in the middle of a sugar rush every night. No wonder I am exhausted.

Having found the cause, I have come up with a solution:

Do the stuff I have been thinking about. If I get the stuff out of my head - put the words on paper, the paintings on canvas and the business ideas into action - they will leave me alone and I can finally get a full night's sleep.

I even wake up hourly from 3am onwards thinking about this creative stuff.

OBITUARY

Igor "Corky" Corkini passed away peacefully in his sleep last night, aged 2 and a half. The Incredible Escaping Hamster, as he was known professionally, was a direct descendant of Hammy Houdini and had worked hard to continue the tradition of escape art.

His life was filled with death defying escapes from his cage and he kept himself in good shape on his wheel - even while his eyesight began to fail him. Ever the adventurer, he spent much of his life tormenting cats in his hamster ball. Such bravery has never before been witnessed in hamsters!

Corky leaves four cats and two humans. He will be missed.

5 comments:

  1. My condolences. Two and a half is pretty old for a hamster, isn't it?

    Sounds like you have the insomnia all figured out. When I have stuff floating through my head and can't sleep, I grab a notebook and start writing it all down. It doesn't always make sense later, but at least it's out of my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah that is so sad. I was gutted when my little hamster died.

    Big HUG to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodbye Corky,

    He sounded like he brought delight into your lives.

    Hugs all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya,

    There is no place to leave a comment on the insomnia post.
    How come?

    Anyway, I popped into say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Corky. We get very attached to our pets, and rightly so. I had a hamster once (Lily), but I don't think she lasted two and a half years.

    ReplyDelete