Friday, June 01, 2007

Rehoming

I got home from work yesterday and discovered that Kate hadn't left for London as she had planned. The problem? She was meant to take Mischa back to London with her and couldn't get her into the travel cage. I wasn't prepared for a) seeing Kate and b) seeing Mischa (as I'd said my goodbyes yesterday morning.)

Half an hour after we finally Mischa into the cage and Kate had headed for the A1, my student Polly came over to collect Noodle. My two precious girls (Mischa and Noodle) are now in new homes and the house feels weird without them. I still have Luce and Tink and Zak, but not for long.

Helen, a fellow Buddhist, came round to chant last night, which made everything feel a lot better. There have been so many goodbyes this year and still some more to come, but right now I am focussing on rebuilding my life successfully. The chanting helped to reinforce that.

Lucifer and Tinkie will go back to London with Kate next Thursday and Zak will move in with our neighbour, Janet. That's all cats rehomed.

I've booked and paid for my ticket back to SA. I leave on 14 July, a new moon for new beginnings.

Tomorrow I move my stuff in to my friend Lin's house, which will be one of the places I'll be staying during June. I'll also stay a few nights at Auntie Liz's place to take the pressure off Lin and to have privacy when I need it. I'll be nipping back into the cottage during the week and weekends to clean up where I can, which I hope will be over and done with relatively quickly.

Kate comes back on Sunday night and Monday we'll spend the day going through one of the big storage cupboards and dumping a whole bunch of junk. Right now it's a process of space clearing and practical tasks.

Life is too short for bullshit.

1 comment:

  1. This is happening so very quickly -- I guess 14 July is only around the corner.

    I'm sorry to hear about the splintering of the feline family. Hopefully they'll each get plenty of cuddles in their new homes and won't miss their buddies too much.

    And I hope the same for you too.

    ReplyDelete