Sunday, July 08, 2007

So Now I'm Back, From Outer Space...

Been a while. Miss me?

OK - time for a quick catch up. With less than a week to go for my departure to South Africa, and about two or three weeks between my last post and now, I am sure everyone's ready for some kind of update. Now, the post:

June has been a month of goodbyes. I have said goodbye to so many people and places the past four weeks and the hardest goodbye of all is still to come. I spent the whole of last week at Auntie Liz's cottage and chilled. I smoked, I drank, got stoned, I laughed, I healed. What a magnificent time I have had.

Sharon has been spending weekends with me and now, I am here in her home in Grimsby, about to enjoy a Chinese meal for two. And I am happy.

I will be arriving in Johannesburg on 15 July. Just myself and 20 kilos of luggage. No savings, no job, nothing. What better way to start one's life over? I am looking forward to it, and I am a little apprehensive. Max the Medicine Man has given me some herbs to help (side effects of which include making you really horny and intensifying orgasms - I can live with side effects like that).

Sharon and I intend to spend this week together and to savour each moment and enjoy what time we have. She is lovely, kind, generous and just what the Universe ordered. And I am happy.

Nothing in the Universe is random, and I believe that all of this has happened for a reason. What the reason is, I have no idea, but I am going to have fun finding out.

PS - also made it to the Stamford Riverside Festival with Sharon. AWESOME! Got sunburnt, though.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we've missed you and can't wait to have you back.

    Sharon must come visit. Soon. Sounds "fabbeliss".

    In your PS you say you "made it to the with Sharon". The what?

    Oh wait, there is a link up the post to Stamford Riverside Festival, that seems out of place. Is that it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for positive change. Even though we've never met, I'll miss you when you're gone. But I'm hoping you'll still keep on blogging, so it'll really be just the same, except you'll be further away...

    ReplyDelete