Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Bless The Rain Down in Africa...

There is a different quality to the rain in Africa. Especially out here in the Highveld, with the dramatic thunderstorms we get.

I missed these storms. I missed the scent of the earth after a downpour and the freshness of the air. I've missed the dark thunderheads that hang low in the sky and the electric morse code they send out. I missed the crashes and booms and then... the rain. The fat drops, the sheets of rain. Rain that could only be appreciated in Africa.

No. Rain is not the same wherever you go. Here in Africa, the rain is as wild as the land.

2 comments:

  1. I'm coming in on the 7.30 flight .
    Her moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation.
    I stopped an old man along the way.
    Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies.
    He turned to me as if to say : Hurry girl,she's waiting there for you . . . .
    It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you . . (lyrics changed slightly )x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having witnesses an African storm back in January I can honestly say I know why you missed them! The most awesome storm I have ever seen :-D

    ReplyDelete